December 1, 2010

Lots of news to share ..


Lots of news to share!

Here are some pictures from today of my crew with Nova, an american bulldog. We are dogsitting Nova over the Christmas holidays! Rinaldo is SO excited! They had a blast playing today.




Today I was in Middleton getting a recall on my car fixed and happened to stop into the used bookstore there and found a bunch of older dog magazine (some going back to the 60's!), and happened to find one from 2007 with Chloe's mom in it! I was flipping through them all to find anything Shar Pei related and found this:

She was such a beautiful dog (she has since passed away). She reminds me a lot of Chloe. And speaking of Chloe ... she isn't doing so well either. No appetite, elevated values in her blood work, urine came back not very concentrated so looks like it is her kidneys. We have to finish her meds, recheck blood & urine, and see where we go from there. Right now it is very frustrating though trying to get her to eat. We are adding all her favorites and she will either eat a few bites, not eat anything, or pick out the chicken/rice/treats/sardines etc. In the last 10 days she has lost 2 lbs. She has had this picky appetite since almost a month ago. It sucks, and I really hope she feels better soon. She had to go in and get fluids under her skin and injections a couple weeks ago to help her out. 


 Now onto Seymour, he is FINALLY neutered! YAY! No more balls. He will have a recheck very soon, then be ready for his furever home which has been patiently waiting for him! The vet did find a button tumour on him though. I was told it isn't a bad thing, can come when his immune system is compromised, and will go away on its own. Here's what it looks like, looks similar to a pimple type thing.






And I just had to share this picture. While Seymour was home mending from neutering, and Chloe was home trying to regain energy, I took my boys out for a romp in a field. They had a blast and got to spend some quality time together. I snapped this great picture of them ... aren't they cute!



We also wanted to let everyone know that the Greenwood Animal Hospital is having pet pictures with the grinch! Saturday December 4th 3-5 I believe is the time. Pictures are $10 and all proceeds go to CAPS! They are also giving tours of the clinic, and free snacks/refreshments. It should be a fun time! Now I just have to decide which dog to bring!

1 comment:

Lois Lane/Laney said...

What a neat find! And yes, she was super cute!