April 2, 2009

Shar Pei from Moncton SPCA

The new arrival is faring well.

He did well on the 4 hour trip. Spent most of our 2 hour drive staring at me LOL.

He's in pretty rough shape, but I'm sure with some TLC he will start to shine through :)

He is SO good natured. Very loving and friendly. Has a hard time eating because his top teeth go over his bottom lip. His eyes are quite red and I imagine he will need entropian surgery. Skin is bald and patchy but he isn't itchy so it may be from a lack of a good food.
He was found in Salisbury running along a highway, likely dumped because of his skin issues. He was at the Moncton SPCA for 2 - 3 weeks.

For now he is seperate from my dogs until his vet appt tomorrow just to be on the safe side.

He also doesn't mind cats. Brenda was of course using him as a rubbing post and he didn't care at all.

Here are some pictures!












2 comments:

The 'splorin' Wolfies said...

Awwww--he is REALLY sweet! you are an ANGEL! can't wait to meet him. ouch! poor skin!

DogsDeserveFreedom said...

Hi. He looks pretty thin. I've found that poor quality food is tough on dogs with sensitivities.

I just wanted to let you know that I've added your link to my blogroll so I remember to come by and visit you more often :)

DogsDeserveFreedom